Thursday 12 April 2007

The storm front

Yesterday, I was working on some listening exams when I realised that it was about 5pm and quite cool in my room. Yet the thing that disturbed me the most was that there was very little light in my room. Now this is unusual as my room in the afternoon is brighter than looking straight into the light beam at the Luxor Hotel Las Vegas.

So I changed and got ready to exercise, looked out the window and saw in the distance some grey clouds coming and the sky grey above me. Thought that I should get moving and ran to the roof. Well, by the time I had finished stretching (about 1 minute as yesterday I was a little lazy and planned a small exercise session) the sky had fallen in. I felt like I was Chicken Little. I rushed to get my camera (oops too much extra exercise) and took the following photograph.

The storm front sneaking up on me


By the time I had finished exercising the sky had cleared back to a light grey. I must say I was a little disappointed as I had hoped for some rain. We had a nice storm a little while back and it flooded the place quite nicely and I wished to see it again. I think I am looking forward to the wet season so much as when I go home I will only have vague memories of what water is given all the restrictions in place now. Also it is hot here; the kind of hot were showering makes you sweat, so rain would be good to cool down.

So all she does is tease, today it looked like it could rain anytime. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day.

No comments: