Monday 18 June 2007

Jeff

Well luckily Eric keeps tabs on everybody’s moves so we know where to go and when. Last week we went to HCMC and met Jeff. I thought that last time I would see Jeff was in LX when I was cursing about no Gatorade. It seems the whole country has run out as I haven’t found any in HCMC either. Jeff is based in Long My with VIA and was on his way to Nha Trang, the long beautiful beach.

I got a message from Jeff to meet at the Eden restaurant. At this restaurant I met one of Jeff’s co-volunteers from Can Tho. Just as we were leaving the waitress came over and started to tell Jeff to cut his beard. I was quite amused to watch this yet I needed to be careful or it may happen to me. Sure enough Jeff betrayed me to the waitress however she said only he should cut his beard. I had a good laugh and decided it was time to go.

We met up a little later and proceeded to view the art show. Afterwards Jeff was starting to feel hungry and was convincing us to look for this really good restaurant. It was worth the search. We ordered our food and I can say I was impressed with what we got.

Next we headed out to Sheridan’s Irish bar. We sat there and drank Amberstout most of the night. I must admit I like this beer more than I like Guinness. We talked about nothing for a really long time, yet it was not boring. At 11 Jeff got a reminder to make our way to Go2 bar.

We jumped into the taxi and met up with his friends from earlier today. We found that Amberstout was cheaper here than at the Irish bar and decided to stay for a few more. It was not long that we had put down quite a few and I was starting to feel bloated. I couldn’t put anything more into me after a pizza, a kebab, a huge chicken sandwich, and a large amount of beer. It was time to go home and crash.

No comments: