Wednesday 20 June 2007

O’brien’s Factory

Eric and I eagerly followed Jeff to a restaurant that he said was close to the best in town. I had seen the front of this restaurant for a few times and had wondered what it was as I had not been able to decipher any name on the outside. I thought it might have been a liquor shop. When we were inside it looked liked an English pub. It was not too crowded and the atmosphere was welcoming.

We sat down got a few beers and looked at the menu. I was in heaven as there were two pages of choices which I wanted to try. After looking through the menu 4 or 5 times I had settled on a choice. I wanted something small as I had already eaten a pizza and kebab that day and most of the servings here looked decent size. The waitress came and Eric, Jeff, and I gave our orders and they both seemed puzzled by my order. I chased the waitress down to change my order and found that there was a whole back section to the restaurant waiting for us. We moved table into the games room and listened to the sound of pool balls ricocheting of each other.

When the food came it looked good. First, was Eric’s Philadelphia beefsteak. It smelt good and from all accounts it tasted good. Next was my Cajun chicken. It was more than what I had expected. It was a sandwich with salad. It smelt good and tasted wonderful. Last was a woodfired pizza. This place must be the only woodfired pizza shop in town or maybe even the country.
We were all stoked with what we ordered and were ready to move on to live music at Sheridan’s Irish bar to keep the British Isles theme alive. I suspect in the short time left I will be returning there sometime





No comments: